Friday, October 10, 2008

I am obsessed with my iTunes play counts. Ever since I re-set them when I got Mikey Jack (my iPod), I have been watching my play counts rise and keeping track of what songs are in the lead. They are usually not surprising. My favorite bands get the most play a lot of the time, and then at least a handful of random songs that I am enjoying fleeting obsessions with.

I want to make a habit of posting these and perhaps elaborating on why certain songs are suddenly in the top. Except this week, in preparation for a bunch of Hanson concerts I am attending (or the simple fact that I listen to a lot of Hanson), my Top 5 is... only Hanson.

SO.

Top 5 of a few top bands? Why not!

HANSON aka Yes, there is so much more to them than "Mmmbop"
5. "Get Up & Go" from Underneath
4. "Lost Without Each Other from Underneath
3. "Penny & Me" from... Underneath
2. "Fire on the Mountain" from The Walk
1. "Georgia" from The Walk

FLEETWOOD MAC
5. "Bleed to Love Her" from Say You Will
4. "Everybody Finds Out" from Say You Will
3. "Think About Me" from Tusk, but the bonus disc and this version of the song has Lindsey Buckingham singing the choruses, not Christine McVie.
2. "Never Going Back Again" from some live bootleg of the Rumours tour, Oklahoma City I believe.
1. "Bleed to Love Her" from The Dance (I clearly love this song mad amounts)

REM
5. "I'm Gonna DJ" from Accelerate
4. "Living Well is the Best Revenge" from Accelerate
3. "Horse to Water" from Accelerate
2. "Man-Sized Wreath" from Accelerate
1. "Hollow Man" from Accelerate

I swear I listen to more albums than Accelerate!

THE BEE GEES
5. "For Whom the Bell Tolls" from Size Isn't Everything
4. "Jive Talkin'" from Main Course
3. "Fanny (Be Tender With My Love)" from Main Course
2. "I've Gotta Get a Message To You" from an album I am assure of because it is a greatest hits compilation
1. "Come On Over" from Main Course

For now, that is all. I will attempt to do this again soon to see if there is much variation. And to see if John Mayer's "Dreaming with a Broken Heart", Blake Lewis' "Break Anotha" or any of those David Cook songs I've been listening to since
American Idol ended make their way in. Exciting stuff, indeed.


No comments: