I can't even begin to say how depressed I am about the Virgin Megastore in Times Square closing.
It's been awhile since the news was released but the liquidation "sale" (I put that in quotes because everything is 20% the list price, which is actually more than a lot of stuff usually is!) started this week. Just the whole "Going out of Business!", "Everything Must Go!" aspect of it all is really sad! I've gotten so much stuff in that store, killed so much time in that store. I've run there on lunch breaks to pick up CDs on the day they were released, I've gone there before shows to browse, I've checked certain sections so many times in hopes of random stuff being there and succeeded. I've gotten attached to having a place to go to buy a CD or a book or DVD. With this Virgin closing and the one in Union Square not far behind, there's hardly anywhere to do that anymore. It's not even that I actually purchase a whole lot there anymore, which says a lot as to why it's closing because I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I like that it is THERE. It's my first big NYC institution that is closing!
I went to the Union Square one this afternoon, just to browse and ended up getting a Cheap Trick CD for $5 and Tales of the Beadle Bard for $10 (I'm so behind on that!). Then I decided to go to Times Square just to see what the sale was doing and ended up buying Season 6 of ER for 20% off, which was actually a good deal since I've never seen those discounted before. That's my favorite season! Seeing Carter this week made me want to watch him in all his glory. I was just going to add "His NON-DYING glory" and then realized that Carter actually spends some of Season 6 trying not to die too, so that doesn't even work!
But it is sad. I do not want it to go away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment