Thursday, December 31, 2009

Concerts of 2009!

I'm rather pleased with this list! Hoping 2010 holds as many or more!

1/29 - Kings of Leon at MSG - I only knew Only by the Night at the time, my seat was essentially behind the stage so all I could see was their backs and I was by myself, but I still had a great time. I think seeing them at this point is what really got me loving them so much.

3/19 - Fleetwood Mac at MSG - Pretty much twelve years in the making, as it was my first time seeing Fleetwood Mac, even though I had seen Stevie and Lindsey solo. Very cool to finally do that!

4/20 - Tinted Windows at Mercury Lounge - Things went from "What, Taylor's in another band?" to being in the fourth row for said band's CD release very quickly! Lots of fun, loved seeing James Iha and watching Bun E. Carlos drum is a total joy. Good times.

4/26 - Matt Nathanson and Jack's Mannequin at Marist - Maybe the last Marist concert? I say that every year. Always fun to going up there for a show, always fun seeing Matt, enjoyed Jack's as well.

5/15 - Sister Hazel at Tulsa Mayfest - They played eight kickass and amazing songs and then an Oklahoma thunderstorm came and showed us all who's boss.

5/16 - Hanson at Tulsa Little Theatre - Member's only event, debuting eight songs from the upcoming new album and recording them live to become what we now know as the Stand Up Stand Up EP. Really awesome and intimate show, with four bonus songs from fan club membership kits.

5/24 - David Cook at Toad's Place in New Haven - David played close to home so I had to go! Loved Ryan Star's opening set, lots of fun seeing David again. He played "A Daily AntheM" too!

5/31 - Matt Caplan at a bar - Matt had a gig! He played "Sideways" and "Tempted" and laughed at us when we were excited. Such is.

6/11 - Fleetwood Mac at MSG - I bought a ticket in the front section and managed to snag a spot right at the stage, directly in front of Lindsey. Basically, my life was made and he sweat on me.

6/16 - Matt Nathanson at Summer Stage - My friends and I went and sat in the wood chips outside of the venue and listened to Matt's set, then went and ate barbecue.

6/17 - Locksley/Tinted Windows at Highline Ballroom - Locksley was awesome and it was fun seeing Tinted Windows again so soon. Taylor the front man and that Bun E., man.

7/19 - Jonas Brothers at Nassau Coliseum - And Honor Society and Jordin Sparks. I still love that this happened. They put on such a fun show!

8/15 - Matt Nathanson and O.A.R. at MSG - Matt in an arena! And my love of O.A.R. returns ten times stronger than ever.

8/20 - Marc Broussard at The Gap - Short acoustic set but still great to see him, especially since he played "Home"!

9/12 - Kings of Leon at Izod Center - This time, I knew every single song they played and it was that much more awesome. Love these guys.

9/21 - Green River Ordinance/Serena Ryder/NeedToBreathe at Highline Ballroom - Finally saw GRO, whom I love, and my love of NeedToBreathe was completely solidified by an absolutely awesome show.

10/15 - Steel Train/Hellogoodbye/Hanson at Nokia Theatre - First experience with Steel Train, realizing I might like them. Realized I really do love Hellogoodbye even though they can be a little obnox. Hanson put on a pretty great set, there was an Isaac solo and Taylor was kickass despite having the flu.

10/16 - Sherwood/Steel Train/Hellogoodbye/Hanson at Northern Lights in Clifton Park - Love of Steel Train and Hellogoodbye was officially confirmed. Hanson shows in general make me very happy and the amount of upbeat songs made me even more so.

10/18 - Hanson at Madison Hotel in DC - Member's only event. Some fun and random songs made an appearance. Most of all, Zac played "Devil's Nachos".

10/24 - Pat McGee/Sister Hazel at Irving Plaza - Yay, a full Sister Hazel show! Played all my faves, love seeing these guys. Still a little weirded out that Drew was missing though.

11/10 - Joe Perry at Irving Plaza - Won tickets, definitely cool to see him. We won't talk about what happened after I left a little bit before it was over.

12/30 - Steel Train at Maxwell's in Hoboken - These guys are so fun. Awesome mix of originals and covers, super energetic. Enough so that they will be my first show of 2010!

No comments: